JEE Main 2024 will be held on January 24 in the evening shift and on January 27, 29, 30, 31 and February 1 in two shifts.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued exam-day instructions and advisory for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) 2024. The engineering entrance exam will begin from tomorrow, January 24 and continue till February 1.
Before listing out the JEE Main 2024 instructions, NTA said “No Candidate should adopt any unfair means, or indulge in any unfair examination practices as the examination centres are under surveillance of CCTV and equipped with Jammers.”
JEE Mains 2024 candidates have been asked to download the JEE Main admit card 2024 and check the reporting time, gate closing time, exam date, exam timings, shift, and venue of exam.
Students who didn’t register through Digilocker or ABC ID as advised have been asked to report to the exam centre at least one hour before the exam to get their biometrics recorded.
JEE Main 2024: Important instructions for exam day
Candidates should reach the venue before the reporting time.
- Candidates should ensure that the question paper available on the computer screen is as per their opted subject or medium indicated in the admit card. In case it is different, they should inform the invigilator.
- If a candidate goes for bio-break or toilet, they will undergo the mandatory frisking and biometrics again.
- Candidates must write their name and roll number at the top of each of the provided blank sheets and must drop the sheets in the designated drop box before leaving the exam hall.
- Candidates will also have to drop their admit cards in the designated drop box.
- Candidates must enter the required details in the attendance sheet, put their signature, clear left hand thumb impression, and paste the photograph at the appropriate place.
- Candidates with physical disability are requested to report early for facilitation during entry.
JEE Mains 2024: What to carry
- Candidates will have to carry the following items to the exam centre
- Colored print-out of JEE Main 2024 admit card on A4 size paper
- One passport size photograph for pasting on attendance sheet. It should be the same as the one on application form.
- One of the following original valid photo ID proof : PAN card, Driving License, voter ID, passport, Aadhaar card (with photograph), e-Aadhaar, ration card or Class 12 admit card. ID Cards issued by schools or universities, coaching centres, Aadhar enrollment receipts without Aadhar number, and photocopies or Images stored on mobile phones, etc. will not be accepted.
- PwD candidates will have to carry their PwD certificate
- Candidates are not allowed to carry instrument, geometry, pencil box, handbag, purse, any
- kind of paper, stationery, textual material (printed or written material), eatables and water
- (loose or packed), mobile phone, earphone, microphone, pager, calculator, docupen, slide
- rules, log tables, camera, tape recorder.
- Candidates are not allowed to wear or carry any type of watch including electronic watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets or devices in the exam hall.
- Diabetic students will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets or fruits (like bananas, apples, oranges) and transparent water bottles to the exam hall. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolates or candy or sandwiches, etc.
NTA has also issued subject-specific instructions and explained how to answer questions during the JEE Main exam 2024. Candidates can check the subject instructions through the official website, jeemain.nta.ac.in.