CLAT 2024 exam will be held on December 3. The CLAT UG registration process is underway at the official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
As per the latest updates, “For the UG and PG programmes, a ‘Domicile Reservation’ category has been added. Candidates domiciled in the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (DNH & DD) are eligible for consideration in this reservation category. Eligible candidates may update their details on the CLAT Portal.”
The consortium has also announced step-by-step instructions to update the reservation category for students who have opted for Gandhinagar National Law University, Silvassa. It also advised applicants to check the updated information brochure of GNLU at its official website. The steps to update the reservation category are given below.
- Login to CLAT 2024 candidate account.
- Click on the ‘Edit Application’ button.
- Go to the ‘Reservation’ tab under GNLU, Silvassa.
- For the question, “Are you a domicile of the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu?”, answer “Yes” and select the Reservation Category you want to claim from the given drop-down menu.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to save your changes.
The Bar Council of India (BCI) recently told the Delhi High Court that it supports the petition filed to conduct CLAT in languages other than English. It said that the move will give opportunities to more aspirants.
As per the schedule, the CLAT 2024 exam will be conducted on December 3. In June, the consortium introduced a few changes in the CLAT UG 2024. The number of questions for the UG law entrance exam has been reduced to 120.