The CBSE has issued guidelines for schools, students and other stakeholders for practical exams the session 2023-24.
The CBSE has issued guidelines to the schools, students and other stakeholders for taking necessary actions to ensure timely completion of practical examinations, internal and project assessments for the 2023-24 session.
Guidelines for schools
Practical examinations for Class 12 will be conducted only by the external examiners appointed by the board. Other guidelines for the schools are following:
- Schools will have to ensure that the syllabus for practical exams is completed well in time
- Schools will have to ensure that necessary arrangements like preparation and stocking of laboratories and identification of internal examiners have been done well in time
- Schools will have to ensure that all the students and parents have been informed about the date-sheet of Practical Examinations for needful action at their end
- The list of candidates (LOC) who will be appearing for the practical examinations from the school is to be checked from the online system and it is to be ensured that the correct subjects and category of students (i.e., regular/compartment/ improvement) is reflected in the online system.
- The administration of the institute has to ensure that a sufficient number of practical answer books have been received in the schools before the date of actual conduct of practical examinations.
- The marks in the practical examinations must be awarded only from the correct maximum marks in the practical component of the subject
- In case any shortcoming is observed in respect of any of the above points the concerned regional office should be contacted.
Guidelines for students
The CBSE has release these guidelines for the students appearing for the practical exams:
- The students must ensure that their subjects of studies are being reflected correctly in the list of candidates submitted by the schools
- They should be aware of the syllabus and the subjects in which practical examinations are to be conducted
- They will have to appear in the practical examinations as per schedule as no second chance to appear in the practical exams will be provided by the Board
- In case of any problem or query in respect of any of the above points, the concerned student should contact their school.
Guidelines for regional offices
The CBSE has issued these guidelines for its regional offices:
- The CBSE regional offices should ensure that the guidelines for conduct of Practical Examinations are shared with the schools as soon as released by the board
- These should have to ensure that the practical examinations are completed by all the schools within the notified schedule and marks are also uploaded
- The regional offices should ensure that external examiners are appointed in all the schools before commencement of practical examinations in class and subjects wherever applicable
- The offices shall ensure that practical answer books are delivered to the school before commencement of practical exams.